On this page:
- Definition of the noun Counter-Attack
- Definition of the verb Counter-Attack
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Counter-Attack
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Counter-Attack
- Photos about Counter-Attack
- Video about Counter-Attack
- Quotes about Counter-Attack
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Counter-Attack
What does Counter-Attack mean as a name of something?
- An attack made in response to an attack by the opponents
Definition of the verb Counter-Attack
What does Counter-Attack mean as a doing word?
- To attack in response to an attack by opponents
- "Counter-Attack" is a 1945 war film starring Paul Muni and Marguerite Chapman as two Russians trapped in a collapsed building with seven enemy German soldiers during World War II. It was adapted from the play Counterattack by Janet and Philip Stevenson, which was in turn based on the play Pobyeda by Mikhail Ruderman and Ilya Vershinin.
- also known as One Against Seven
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Zoltan Korda
- producer: Zoltan Korda
- art direction by Stephen Goosson
- written by John Howard Lawson
- based on "Counterattack" by Ilya Vershinin, Janet Stevenson, Mikhail Ruderman & Philip Stevenson
- Paul Muni as Alexei Kulkov
- Marguerite Chapman as Lisa Elenko
- Larry Parks as Kirichenko
- Ludwig Donath as Professor Müller
- Erik Rolf as Vassilev
- Philip Van Zandt as Galkronye
- Frederick Giermann as Ludwig Weiler
- Roman Bohnen as Kostyuk
- George Macready as Col. Semenov
- Rudolph Anders as Stillman
- Harro Meller as Ernemann
- cinematography by James Wong Howe
- music by Louis Gruenberg
- set decoration by Robert Priestley
- location: Angeles National Forest
- genres: Black-and-white, War film
- subject: World War II
- released on (69 years ago)
- "Counter-attack" a.k.a. "The Chinese Stuntman" was a Bruceploitation film starring Bruce Li released in 1981. It is largely based around the Bruce Lee classic Enter The Dragon.
- also known as Long de ying zi, Chinese Stuntman, The Chieh Boxing Master, Counter Attack
- countries: Taiwan, Hong Kong
- languages: Yue Chinese, Standard Chinese
- producer: Bruce Li
- written by Yuen King
- cinematography by Pan Kong & Man-Kam Lo
- genres: Martial Arts Film, Action Film, Adventure Film
- released on (32 years ago)
"Counter-attack" a.k.a. "Counter Attack" is a book by Charles Whiting.
- "Counter-attack" a.k.a. "Counter Attack" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music by 若林充
- "Counter-attack" a.k.a. "Counter Attack" is a composition.
- music by Christopher Lennertz
- "Counter-Attack" is a composition.
- music by Ian Livingstone
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Counter-Attack
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Michael Mullett
Jewel's Defence of the Apologie of the Church of England, a riposte to a Catholic counter-attack, was published in 1567. JEWS AND JUDAISM. Following a wave of anti-Jewish riots across much of the Iberian peninsula in 1391, large numbers ...
by Sally-Anne Lambert
To attack / To encroach upon auta To attack by stealth konihi An attack / An assault / A charge huaki Counter-attack taupaepae Sudden attack whana tukutahi / whana tukutangata Sudden ...
Dictionary of Military Terms (1999)
by Richard Bowyer
approaches counter-attack ['kauntao'tzek] 1 noun retaliatory attack on an enemy force which is in the process of attacking or has just completed an attack; the enemy counter-attack was successfully beaten of 2 verb to mount a counter- attack; ...
Wörterbuch der Handels-, Finanz- und Rechtssprache / Dictionary of Commerical, Financial and Legal Terms / Dictionnaire des Termes Commerciaux, Financiers et Juridiques (2012)
–angriff m | counter-attack || contre-attaque f | einen ~ machen | to counter-attack || contreattaquer. –anschaffung f | reimbursement || remboursement m. –anspruch m | counterclaim, counter-claim; crossclaim (demand) || contre-demande f; ...
by Martin H. Manser, Turton, Nigel D. Turton
counteraction n counter-attack ('kaontara.txk) vb, n (make) an attack in retaliation for a previous attack by an enemy, counterbalance ...
As soon as they withdraw, our troops must counter-attack. counter-attraction > auntoratrakjon] ncu (formal) something which is more attractive or popular than something else: Cinema can't com - pete with the ...
Heinemann English Dictionary (2001)
by Martin Manser
counter-attack verb counterbalance verb to weigh or act against with equal strength: The company 's reduced prices were counterbalanced by a general increase in sales. • counterbalance noun. counterclockwise adjective, adverb American ...
couch courier couch couchette cougar cough could coulomb council counsel counsellor count countdown countenance counter counteract counter-attack counterbalance counter espionage counterfeit counterfoil countermand (n) a long piece ...
by Tony Jaques
well-reinforced Italian General Felice de Chaurand launched a massive counter-attack over the same ground.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Counter-Attack
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Counter-Attack
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Dwarf counter-attack
dwarves smash goblins on all sides
Photo credit: jon_a_ross
- Vietnam War 1964 - Counter-attack by 'copter.
Khai Quang, South Vietnam: South Vietnamese government troops--members of the 44th Ranger Battalion--wait on the banks of the Cai-Tau Canal near Khai Quang for U.S. HU-1B Helicopters to pick them up. They had just completed "Operation Eagle Fly", a counter attack against Viet Cong guerrillas in the area, about 150 miles southwest of Saigon. During the four-hour clash between the gobernment troops and the Viet Cong, 56 of the Red led guerrillas were slain. The government troops were flown in and taken out by helicopters.
Credit (UPI photo)1964
Photo credit: manhhai
Video about Counter-Attack
Video shows what counter-attack means. An attack made in response to an attack by the opponents. counter-attack synonyms: counter-offensive. Counter-attack ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Counter-Attack!
Quotes about Counter-Attack
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Counter-Attack to see it in context!