On this page:
- Definition of the noun communist
- Definition of the adjective communist
- Phrases with Communist
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Communist
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Communist
- Photos about Communist
- Video language resources about Communist
- Quotes about Communist
- Scrabble value of C3O1M3M3U1N1I1S1T1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun communist
What does communist mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- communist: communists
- Communist: Communists
- a member of the communist party
- a socialist who advocates communism
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of communist: commie
- more generic word: socialist = a political advocate of socialism
- more specific words:
- apparatchik = a communist who was a member of the administrative system of a communist party
- Bolshevist / Bolshevik = a Russian member of the left-wing majority group that followed Lenin and eventually became the Russian communist party
- Comrade = a fellow member of the Communist Party
- revisionist = a Communist who tries to rewrite Marxism to justify a retreat from the revolutionary position
- Mao Tsetung / Mao Zedong / Mao = Chinese communist leader
- John Reed / Reed = United States journalist who reported on the October Revolution from Petrograd in 1917; founded the Communist Labor Party in America in 1919
- Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili / Joseph Stalin / Stalin = Russian leader who succeeded Lenin as head of the Communist Party and created a totalitarian state by purging all opposition
- Chou En-lai / Zhou En-lai = Chinese revolutionary and communist leader
Alternative definition of the noun communist
- A member of a (nominally) Communist party.
- A person who believes the philosophy of Communism.
Definition of the adjective communist
What does communist mean as an attribute of a noun?
- relating to or marked by communism
Alternative definition of the adjective communist
- Of, relating to, supporting, or advocating communism.
- relating to a (nominally) Communist party.
- Communist is a fictional character from the 1978 film To the Last Drop of Blood.
- Communist is a fictional character from the 1979 film Luna.
- Communist is a fictional character from the 2009 film Baarìa.
"Communist" is a musical single of Klara.
- released on
Communist a.k.a. Communism is a socioeconomic system structured upon common ownership of the means of production and characterized by the absence of social classes, money, and the state; as well as a social, political and economic ideology and movement that aims to establish this social order. The movement to develop communism, in its Marxist–Leninist interpretations, significantly influenced the history of the 20th century, which saw intense rivalry between the states which claimed to follow this ideology and their enemies.
- read more about Communism
Phrases with Communist
- communist china
- communist party
- Communist bandit
- communist economy
- communist manifesto
- Communist Party of China
- communist party of kampuchea
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Communist
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of White Power (2000)
A Sourcebook on the Radical Racist Right by Jeffrey Kaplan
Smith's Christian Youth for America group, and a self-proclaimed reformed communist, Goff emerges from the literature and the reminiscences of those who knew him as a decidedly equivocal man, ...
by Martin J. Manning, Herbert Romerstein
All Communist Parties had an ...
by Phil Gunson, Andrew Thompson, Greg Chamberlain
Communist Left (1C) 72 ground in Latin America, though it did influence the Venezuelans and the Brazilians. The contradictions arising from adherence to the Soviet line were evident in the ...
An Encyclopedia of Swearing (2006)
The Social History of Oaths, Profanity, Foul Language, and Ethnic Slurs in the English-Speaking World by Geoffrey Hughes
Apart from red, the communist term with the greatest currency in British English has been bolshy, derived from the militant Bolshevik party in the Russian Revolution. While Bolshevist was used, in the words of the Oxford English Dictionary as ...
by Piotr Wróbel
Hetriedto rebuildthe SP,butthe communist authorities ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Communist
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Communist
Click on an item to view that photo:
He is filling up fuel.
Photo credit: existangst
- Communist era statue
Photo credit: robertpaulyoung
- Communist meeting hut
Photo credit: gem fountain
- Communist Demonstation in Kiev
Photo credit: nick_bl
- Communist Leader
Photo credit: Dushan and Miae
- Trumpeting Communist
A classic Communist statue, the good children trumpeting into the air looking so Communist.
Photo credit: Augapfel
View more pictures about Communist party.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Communist
Click on an item to play that video:
- Communist Meaning
Video shows what communist means. Of, relating to, supporting, or advocating communism.. communist pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- Slavoj Zizek "Notes Towards A Definition of Communist Utopias"
Slavoj Zizek The master class analyses phenomena of modern thought and culture with the intention to discern elements of possible Communist culture.
- Slavoj Zizek Masterclass day 1 Notes Towards a Definition of Communist Culture: Utopias
- Communist Meaning
Video shows what Communist means. A member of a (nominally) Communist party.. A person who believes the philosophy of Communism.. Communist ...
- Communist bandit Meaning
Video shows what communist bandit means. A politically derogative term used by the Kuomintang of the Republic of China to refer to the Chinese communists.
- Communist in the meaning of Terrorist-UiTM Machang
- Bloc Quebecois gives 27 million to language police.Pauline Marois Progressive communist!
Bloc Quebecois gives 27 million to language cops.Pauline Marois Progressive communist.
- Download Totalitarian Language Orwell's Newspeak and Its Nazi and Communist Antecedents PDF
1.Browse And Download This Book now. 2.If you can't download change your ip adress. 3."...
View more videos about Communist party.
See also the pronunciation examples of Communist!
Quotes about Communist
How do you tell a communist Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. (Ronald Reagan)
more quotes about communist...
Scrabble value of C3O1M3M3U1N1I1S1T1
The value of this 9-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Communist to see it in context!