Cissy appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- "Nurses run!" says sick Cissy as nurses run
- Nurses, run! says sick Cissy as nurses run.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective cissy
What does cissy mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- having unsuitable feminine qualities
- Cissy a.k.a. Narcissa Malfoy: Narcissa "Cissy" Malfoy is a fictional character in the Harry Potter book series written by J. K. Rowling. The character is the wife of Lucius Malfoy, mother of Draco Malfoy, sister of Bellatrix Lestrange and Andromeda Tonks, was the cousin of Sirius Black and a Dark witch ￢ﾀﾔ all are prominent characters, and as the series continues she takes on a larger role. She has yet to appear in any of the films; her character makes an appearance in Goblet of Fire but was ultimately cut from the film adaptation. Born Narcissa Black to Cygnus Black and his wife, Druella, Narcissa was the youngest child of three sisters, Bellatrix and Andromeda being her older siblings. She was the cousin of Sirius Black and Regulus Black, and later became an aunt to Nymphadora Tonks, although it is unlikely that she acknowledges the connection due to Nymphadora being the child of Muggle-born Ted Tonks. The Black family was a very old pure-blood wizarding family with firm prejudice against those of "impure" magical blood, and Narcissa was no doubt taught these prejudices from an early age.
- read more about Narcissa Malfoy
- Cissy is a fictional character from the 1990 film Edward Scissorhands.
- Cissy is a fictional character from the 1978 film The Mafu Cage.
- Cissy is a fictional character from the 1986 film Body Count.
- Cissy is a fictional character from the 2012 film Quartet.
- Cissy Hathaway is a fictional character from the book Death in Paradise that appears in the 2010 film Jesse Stone: Death in Paradise.
- Cissy is a fictional character from Money to Burn.
- Cissy is a fictional character in the film Treasure Hunt.
- Cissy is a fictional character from the 2013 film Else.
- Cissy is a fictional character from the 1989 film Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit.
- Cissy a.k.a. Reba McClure is the mother of Jessica McClure.
- read more about Reba McClure
- Cissy a.k.a. Kathryn Francis Tucker is a film producer.
- read more about Kathryn Francis Tucker
There are other people with in their name, like Cissy Cook, Cissy King, Cissy Lynn, Cissy Wang, Cissy Pascal, Cissy Cameron, Cissy Collins, Cissy Wellman, Cissy Goodridge, Cissy Zamperini and many others.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Cissy
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Colin Larkin
Cissy has now returned chiefly to the gospel fold, as a major figure in the New Hope Baptist Church Choir of Newark, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cissy
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cissy
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Cissy Bay
Cissy Bay - Marlborough sounds - South island - New Zealand
Photo credit: imagea.org
- Cissy Houston
Eastman Theater with Herbie Mann
Photo credit: Tom Marcello
- New Zealand - Cissy Bay
Photo credit: mattiafabris
- Cissy Rankine
Mary Cecil Cunninghame Rankin
Born: 25 Aug 1862 Anderston, Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland
Died: 28 Jun 1946, Birmingham England
Father: Walter Bremner Rankin
Mother: Jane Ross Cunninghame
Unsure when e was added to last name.
Photo credit: W R2
- Cissy & Dee
Photo credit: Robert Whitehead
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of C3I1S1S1Y4
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the second edition of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cissy to see it in context!