On this page:
- Definition of the noun Cissus quadrangularis
- Phrases with Cissus quadrangularis
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cissus quadrangularis
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cissus quadrangularis
- Photos about Cissus quadrangularis
- Video language resources about Cissus quadrangularis
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Cissus quadrangularis
What does Cissus quadrangularis mean as a name of something?
Cissus quadrangularis is a species of Cissus.
- synonyms: species Cissus quadrangularis / Cissus bifida / species Cissus bifida / Cissus edulis / species Cissus edulis / Cissus quadrangula / species Cissus quadrangula / Cissus quadrangulus / species Cissus quadrangulus / Cissus succulenta / species Cissus succulenta / Cissus tetragona / species Cissus tetragona / Cissus tetraptera / species Cissus tetraptera / Cissus triandra / species Cissus triandra / Saelanthus quadragonus / species Saelanthus quadragonus / Vitis quadrangularis / species Vitis quadrangularis / Vitis succulenta / species Vitis succulenta
- kingdom: Plantae
- phylum: Tracheophyta
- class: Magnoliopsida
- order: Vitales
- family: Vitaceae
- genus: Cissus
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Cissus quadrangularis is a species of Cissus.
Cissus quadrangularis is a kind of Vascular.
Phrases with Cissus quadrangularis
- Cissus Quadrangularis Aculeatangula
- Cissus Quadrangularis Quadrangularis
- species Cissus quadrangularis
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cissus quadrangularis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Will Brink
Cissus quadrangularis is an edible plant found in India, Malaya, West Africa and Sri Lanka. In India, it's referred to as “bone setter,” and is used to help heal fractures as well as treat ulcers, hemorrhoids, anorexia, indigestion, asthma ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
Cissus quadrangularis var. pubescens Dewit; Cissus quadrangulus L.; ...
Luo Biological Dictionary (1998)
by J. O. Kokwaro, Timothy Johns
Minya, Cissus quadrangularis ( Vitaceae). Climbing herb with tendrils; leaves simple and variously toothed; flowers in umbels. USE: Infusion of plant used to treat chickens. Leaf juice applied to treat skin problems. Minya, Cissus rotundifolia ...
by Virginia P. Studdert, Clive C. Gay, Douglas C. Blood
Cissus quadrangularis Africanplant in family Vitaceae; contains unidentified toxin causing gastroenteritis. cistern aclosed spaceservingasa reservoirfor lymph or otherbody fluids, especially one ofthe enlarged subarachnoid spaces containing ...
by Julian Evans, John A. Youngquist
adamant creeper (Cissus quadrangularis), ...
Accompanied by a Reversed Dictionary, English and Hindustani by Duncan Forbes
a bone, asthi-bhang, a fracture; a plant of supposed efficacy in fractures (cissus quadrangularis), asthi-bhed, fracturing a bone, asthipanjar, m. a skeleton. asthi-shokh, m. dryness and decay of the bones. asthi-sandhi, ...
Cissus quadrangularis : leaves cordate, fleshy,...serrate-toothed, item four- cornered, somewhat swelling. Native of Arabia and the East-Indies ; found also near Mozambique in Africa, by Loureiro. . 8. Cissus acida, or three-leaved cissus ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cissus quadrangularis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cissus quadrangularis
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Cissus quadrangularis
Photo credit: Ventilago
- Cissus quadrangularis L.
Local name(Telugu): Nalleru
Distribution: Common over hedges and bushes in tropical forests of India, Africa and Asia.
Succulant, herbaceous twiner, Stem green, 4 angled climbs up with the help of leaf opposed tendrils. Leaves fleshy, ovate, sub orbicular, reniform serrate; Floers greenish yellow,5-6mm across, 4 merous, in umbellate cymes opposite to the leaves.
Calyx cup shaped; petals 4 triangular, stamens 4 anthers oblong,disc 4 lobed, adnate at the base of the ovary; ovary 2 celled,with 2 in each cell, style subulate; fruit a fleshy berry, globose and red when ripe.
Leaves and tender stems are used as leafy vegitable, paste of stem along with lime is used to dress for wounds and sprain or bone fractures.
Photo credit: lalithamba
- Veld Grape (Cissus quadrangularis)
Biyamiti Camp, Kruger NP, SOUTH AFRICA
Photo credit: berniedup
- Cissus quadrangularis flowering buds and tendrils. Bongoyo
Bongoyo Island near Dar es Salaam. Reef, crabs, plants (Autumn term 1970)
Photo credit: Mary Gillham Archive Project
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Cissus quadrangularis
Click on an item to play that video:
- Benefits Of Cissus Quadrangularis - The Cissus Experts
- Cissus Quadrangularis Benefits and Uses
- Cissus Quadrangularis - Naturally Heal Bone Fractures
- Herbal Medicine - Cissus quadrangularis - A Natural Bone Setter
Herbal Medicine - Cissus quadrangularis or Edible stemmed vine - A Natural Bone Setter - Herbal & Natural Remedies Siddha Medicine, Natural Remedies, ...
- Cissus Experts - Amazing Discoveries of Cissus Quadrangularis
- Cissus Pro 1000 - Pure Extract Organic Cissus Quadrangularis
- Discover Cissus Quadrangularis
- Cissus quadrangularis India [Plants & Dry Cissus Available]
Cissus quadrangularis is a perennial plant of the grape family (Vitaceae) commonly known as Veldt Grape or Devil's Back bone. It is an ancient medicinal plant ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Cissus quadrangularis!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Cissus quadrangularis to find many related words and phrases!