Bored appears in the following tongue twisters:
- How many boards
Could the Mongols hoard
If the Mongol hordes got bored?
(from the comic Calvin & Hobbes, by Bill Waterson)
- Bill had a billboard, Bill also had a board bill. The billboard bored Bill so Bill sold the billboard to pay for the board bill.
Bored appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Bored? Craving a pub quiz fix? Why, just come to the Royal Oak! (Used to advertise a pub quiz in Bowness-on-Windermere; 47 letters)
Bored appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- But at Embarcadero, bored, a crab met a tub.
- Goddesses, bored now, assess a wonder-obsessed dog.
- "Strap mixers to bored art trade robots," Rex imparts.
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective bored
- Definition of the verb bored
- Phrases with Bored
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bored
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bored
- Photos about Bored
- Video language resources about Bored
- Sign language
- Quotes about Bored
- Scrabble value of B3O1R1E1D2
- Anagrams of BORED
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective bored
What does bored mean as an attribute of a noun?
- tired of the world
- uninterested because of frequent exposure or indulgence
Alternative definition of the adjective bored
- suffering from boredom
- uninterested, without attention
- perforated by a hole or holes through bioerosion
Definition of the verb bored
What does bored mean as a doing word?
- past of bore
Bored a.k.a. Bored! is a musical group.
- genre: Punk rock
- albums: "Scuzz", "Take It Out On You + Bonus", "Feed The Dog", "Negative Waves"
- "Bored" è un singolo promozionale del gruppo musicale Deftones, estratto dal primo album in studio Adrenaline e pubblicato nel 1995.
- "Bored" is a musical album of Tanya Chua.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Bored" is a musical single of Destroy All Monsters.
- released in (36 years ago)
- "Bored" is a composition.
- BORED a.k.a. UVM Bored is a group of University of Vermont students who are in the know about all the cool things happening on and off campus, love UVM, living in Burlington and spreading the word about fun stuff to do. Created in 1996, the The UVM BORED events calendar has gone through many incarnations, from a weekly phone message to the website it is today. At that time, the Student Life office heard from students that they were “bored”, even though there were lots of great things happening on campus and in Burlington. Utilizing the ‘new’ Internet, the BORED calendar was started. Since then technology has changed and so has the look and feel of the site. Today the calendar is a frequent stop for students and burlington-ites looking for information on what's happening in the area; as are the organization's active social media platforms.
- read more about UVM Bored
- Bored is a cataloged instance, musical recording.
Phrases with Bored
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Bored
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Creative Reading (2017)
Reading Makes a Man by Squadron Leader (DR) Pravin Bhatia
Being bored means we are living poorly. It is a problem of existence. Half the sins of mankind are caused by it. Life becomes a misery due to what we omit than what we do. Reading to Stun Some of us read to stun people. Chapter 1 Why do ...
Encyclopedia [containing] illustrations, descriptions and prices of ... well sinking ... pumping, irrigating and hoisting machinery ... Chapman's air water lifting systems, gasoline, gas and steam engines, boilers, etc. ... (1900)
by American Well Works (Aurora, Ill.)
It includes steel bored cylinder, coupling, shoe, check and plunger valves, rod coupling, screen and reducer for seating check valve. The valves are Chapman's patent tubular well valves. The cylinder screws to the bottom of the well pipe and ...
by Oxford Dictionaries,
bore1 verb ( bores, boring, bored) make a hole in something with a drill or other tool. •noun the hollow part inside a gun barrel or other tube. bore2 noun a dull person or activity.
by John S. Scott
bored pile, b. cast-in- place/cast-in- situ pile A pile formed by pouring concrete into a hole formed in the ground, usually containing some light reinforcement. They can now be made 1.25 ...
by Maurice Waite
(bores, boring, bored) make a hole in something with a drill or other tool.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Bored
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Bored
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Pekka Tamminen
Photo credit: dydcheung
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: Eric Pauwels
Photo credit: Erik Sorenson
Photo credit: forayinto35mm
Even Woody is getting bored, seems like he might drop out of his modeling career
Photo credit: Shermeee
Photo credit: ShaunyD
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: reef_ka
Photo credit: Travis Isaacs
Photo credit: chesilu
Photo credit: orsorama
Photo credit: My Blue Van
...or just tired
Photo credit: Thomas Leuthard
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Bored
Click on an item to play that video:
- Bored meaning and pronunciation
A state of mind that causes you to read blogs, then follow links off blogs to old Usenet arguements about magic tricks in 1992. Bored definition by Urban ...
- DIY: The Bored Jar & Magazine Collage Closet (Explanation)
OPEN! GIVEAWAY CLOSED! Homemade Modpodge...
- This is the definition of bored
- Bored Marine-Explanation
So...it is nice to see them making use of what loved ones send in care packages...crazy boys! Hopefully they don't try to sell their "new drug of the century."
- Bored out of one's mind Meaning
Video shows what bored out of one's mind means. Extremely bored.. Bored out of one's mind Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- The definition of bored.
- This is the true meaning of bored!!!...
- The Meaning of Being Really Bored
- Dear NSA, an explanation | Bored Roommates
- Bored out of one's brains Meaning
Video shows what bored out of one's brains means. Extremely bored.. Bored out of one's brains Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- MMNation is bored p.1 searching names on urban dictionary
- Bored Button 2 - Knowledge Of The English Language
- People on a tour of MIT with bored body language
MIT houses one of the most exciting intellectual environments in the world, but the scripted campus tours don't capture the combination of unfettered creativity, ...
- When ESL teachers get bored
Holly and Gina at a Nora Bong (Karaoke) arcade doing "Barbie Girl." Why? Nothing else to do.
See also the pronunciation examples of Bored!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Bored
tire of to await
await what else
time elapsing off hand
I do not do the something
only searching word
without meaning (Prasetya Utama)
more quotes about bored...
Scrabble value of B3O1R1E1D2
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of BORED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Bored!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Bored to see it in context!