On this page:
"Black Knight" is a 2001 American comedy film starring Martin Lawrence. The film was directed by Gil Junger, whose experience was primarily with television sitcoms. In addition to Lawrence, Black Knight had a supporting cast of Marsha Thomason, Tom Wilkinson, Vincent Regan, and Kevin Conway.
- also known as El caballero negro, El caballero negro: Locuras de la Edad Media
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Arnon Milchan, Michael Green, Darryl Quarles & Paul Schiff
- executive producers: Peaches Davis, Jack Brodsky, Martin Lawrence & Jeff Kwatinetz
- production design by Leslie Dilley
- art direction by Steve Cooper
- written by Darryl Quarles, Gerry Swallow, Peter Gaulke
- Martin Lawrence as Jamal Walker
- Martin Lawrence as Skywalker
- Marsha Thomason as Victoria the Chambermaid
- Marsha Thomason as Nicole
- Tom Wilkinson as Sir Knolte of Marlborough
- Vincent Regan as Percival
- Daryl Mitchell as Steve
- Michael Countryman as Phillip
- Kevin Conway as King Leo
- Helen Carey as The Queen
- John Lewis as Little John
- Erik Jensen as Derek
- Dikran Tulaine as Dennis
- Jeannette Weegar as Princess Regina
- Daniella Alonso as June
- Michael Burgess as Ernie
- Kevin Stillwell as Knight #1
- Isabell O'Connor as Mrs. Bostick
- Mikey Post as Young Man
- Tim Parati as Puppeteer
- Mark Joy as Guard #1
- Joe Inscoe as Guard #2
- Angel Desai as Vindy
- Elizabeth Roberts as Ling
- Graham F. Smith as Giles of Normandie
- Mark Jeffrey Miller as Turnip Thief
- Zach Hanner as Guard #3
- Richard Fullerton as Will
- Jayce Tromsness as Thug
- Greg Cooper as Executed Rebel Leader
- Mark Pitt as Crowd Member
- Miki Shelton as Woman
- Tammy Arnold as Peasant
- Jason Chimonides as Soldier
- Bob Leddy Jr. as Rebel #1
- William Boyer as Captain of the Guard
- Denise S. Bass as Rebel #3
- Eric Paisley as Rebel #4
- Melissa Bolden as Dancer #1
- Harry D. Campbell as Dancer #2
- John Cronin as Dancer #3
- Marty Dew as Dancer #4
- Traci Dinwiddie as Dancer #5
- Bonnie Dixon as Dancer #6
- Mark Evans as Dancer #7
- Kelly Foxworth as Dancer #8
- Linda K. Huffman as Dancer #9
- Krystal Jefferson as Dancer #10
- Chris Madray as Dancer #11
- Babs McCullen as Dancer #12
- casting by Sheila Jaffe & Georgianne Walken
- cinematography by Ueli Steiger
- edited by Michael R. Miller
- music by Randy Edelman
- costume design by Marie France
- set decoration by Peg Cummings
- genres: Time travel, Adventure Film, Costume drama, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Fantasy Comedy, Adventure Comedy, Comedy
- subject: Time travel
- tagline: He's About To Get Medieval On You.
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (13 years ago)
Black Knight is a 1980 pinball game designed by Steve Ritchie and released by Williams Electronics.
- Black Knight: Dane Whitman is a fictional comic book superhero in the Marvel Comics universe, the company's third person to bear the name Black Knight.
- The Black Knight is a fictional character who appears in a scene of the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail. As his name suggests, he is a black knight who guards a "bridge" over a small stream - which could have been easily stepped over by King Arthur but, for unknown reasons, he does not. Although supremely skilled in swordplay, the Black Knight suffers from unchecked overconfidence and a staunch refusal ever to give up.
- Black Knight: Nathan Garrett, also known as the criminal Black Knight, is a fictional character in the Marvel Universe. He was a supervillain and descendant of the original Black Knight, and was created by writer-editor Stan Lee and artist and co-plotter Dick Ayers.
- Black Knight: Sir Percy of Scandia, also known as the original Black Knight, is a fictional character in the Marvel Universe. He was a medieval knight created by writer-editor Stan Lee and artist Joe Maneely.
- Black Knight is a fictional character from the 2012 film Snow White and the Huntsman.
- Black Knight a.k.a. The Black Knight Ghost, also known as the Black Knight, is a villain from the Scooby Doo franchise. He is a suit of armour that is haunted by its former owner. He made his first appearance in the episode "What A Night for a Knight," which was the first episode of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You, because of this reason he is often considered Mystery Inc.'s first case.
- read more about The Black Knight Ghost
- Black Knight is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Ogre.
- Black Knight is a fictional character from the 1973 film Westworld.
- "Black Knight" is a musical album of Randy Edelman, soundtrack.
- also known as Black Knight Soundtrack
- released on (13 years ago)
- "Black Knight" is a musical album of Black Knight.
- released in (7 years ago)
- "Black Knight" is a musical album of James Knight And The Butlers.
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Black Knight" is a musical album of Stormlord.
- Black Knight a.k.a. Zawisza Czarny z Garbowa, Sulima Coat of Arms, was a Polish knight and nobleman. He served as a soldier and diplomat under the Polish king Władysław II and Hungarian-Bohemian king Sigismund of Luxembourg. During his life, he was regarded as a model of knightly virtues and was renowned for winning multiple tournaments. His nickname is due to his black hair and his custom-made, black armor, which is kept at the Jasna Góra Monastery.
- read more about Zawisza Czarny
- Black Knight a.k.a. Rick Allen: Richard John Cyril "Rick" Allen is the drummer for the English hard rock band Def Leppard. He is famous for overcoming the complete amputation of his left arm and continuing to play with the band, which subsequently went on to its greatest popular success worldwide. His fans now call him the Thunder God.
- read more about Rick Allen
- Black Knight is a musical group.
- albums: "The Beast Inside", "Tales from the Darkside"
- official website: www.blackknight.nl
- Black Knight is a musical group.
- album: "Black Knight"
Black Knight was an Australian Thoroughbred racehorse. He was best known for winning the Melbourne Cup at Flemington Racecourse in November 1984.
- born on (35 years ago)
- died in (13 years ago)
Black Knight is an award-winning beer.
- also known as Goffs Black Knight
- award: - Champion Winter Beer of Britain (Gold, Silver, Bronze), received by Hogs Back Brewery, Gales Brewery, Goffs Brewery
- The black knight is a literary stock character, often contrasted with the knight-errant; also see white knight. The character famously appeared in Arthurian literature and has been adapted and adopted by various authors, in cinema and popular culture. The character is sometimes associated with death.
- Black Knight was a British launch vehicle to test and verify the design of a re-entry vehicle for the Blue Streak missile.
- The Black Knight appears in different forms in Arthurian legend.
- The Black Knight is a prototype Unmanned Ground Combat Vehicle designed by BAE Systems. It weighs approximately 12-tons and is C-130 deployable, which means that the Black Knight can be airlifted by military transport aircraft. Similar in size and shape to a tank, it is armed with a turret-mounted 30mm gun and a 7.62mm coaxial machine gun. The vehicle is fitted with a 300 horsepower Caterpillar diesel engine.
- Black Knight is a Japanese manga written and illustrated by Kai Tsurugi. It is licensed in North America by Blu Manga, the boys love division of Tokyopop, which released the four volumes between July 2006 and February 2009.
- Black Knight is an amusement ride.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Black Knight
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Knight at the Movies (2012)
Medieval History on Film by John Aberth
The Black Knight is an object lesson in the dangers of tying an historical film too closely to a modern cultural climate or mood. While granting the film relevance to its immediateaudience, its politicalsubtext renders itobsolete to posterity.
From Connecticut Yankees to Fisher Kings by Rebecca A. Umland, Samuel J. Umland
The Black Knight is an interesting expression of cold war paranoia, "a situation in which," William Epstein writes, "betrayal and patriotism are mutually reciprocal and virtually indistinguishable" ("Counter-Intelligence: Cold War Criticism and ...
The Star Trek Encyclopedia (2011)
by Michael Okuda, Denise Okuda, Debbie Mirek
black knight. (Paul Baxley). Medieval dark horseman brought to life by Yeoman Tonia Barrows on the amusement park planet in 2267. The black knight and other beings imagined by the Enterprise landing party ...
by Dorothy Auchter
the Black Knight (Count Gondomar), and the Black Bishop (the Father General of the Jesuits). A chess game was used for the backdrop in ...
Over 2,600 Essential Financial Terms by Simon Briscoe, Jane Fuller
Personal black knight A company (or person) making an unwanted, hostile bid for another company. See also: grey knight, hostile takeover, white knight 158 Black Monday Monday 19th October 1987 when stock market values around the ...
by E. Banks
BLACK KNIGHT [COL] The party bidding for control of another company in a HOSTILE TAKEOVER. See also GRAY KNIGHT, WHITE KNIGHT, WHITE SQUIRE. BLACK MONDAY [COL] A reference to the two Mondays in STOCK market history ...
by Market House Books
black knight A person or firm that makes an unwelcome *takeover bid for a company. Compare GREY ...
Financial Lexicon (2004)
A Compendium of Financial Definitions, Acronyms, and Colloquialisms by E. Banks
BLACK KNIGHT [COL] The party bidding for control of another company in a HOSTILE TAKEOVER. See also GRAY KNIGHT, WHITE KNIGHT, WHITE SQUIRE. BLACK–SCHOLES MODEL A closed-form OPTION pricing model developed by ...
by Laurence C. Hatch
- 'Black Knight' - ovate, large oak-style lobing, undulate, medium green with 50-75% dark red to blackish-maroon center, this dark zone interrupted occasionally by paler veins and sometimes a paler ...
by Patricia Monaghan, PhD
From that pool, great storms could be stirred and sent into the world, so Barenton was guarded by Laudine's husband, Esclados le Rous, called the Black Knight. When one of King Arthur's knights attempted to kill Esclados, only to be defeated, ...
by John Kenneth Muir
“The Black Knight” Airdate: October 12, 1998. Johnny's car is stolen by a car-theft ring, and the search for the Prowler takes Briony and Johnny into conflict with an opponent called the Black Knight, a man capable of sucking energy out of all ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Black Knight
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Black Knight
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Black Knight
Photo credit: Silk Knoll
- Black knight
Photo credit: joolia.
- Black Knight
Photo credit: tinyfroglet
- Black Knight
Photo credit: JimboRocks
- Black Knight
Old School Skateboard Collection
Photo credit: Wha'ppen
- Grr angry Black Knight
Photo credit: tomaszd
- Black Knight male (Camacinia othello)
Black Knight male one of a group of seven at Cattana Wetlands north of Cairns. One female was sighted.
Photo credit: Graham Winterflood
- Black knight! :)
Photo credit: JessicaSarahS
- Black Knight Construction, Ltd.
Who needs workman's comp? It's just a flesh wound!
Photo credit: out of ideas
- Buddleja 'Black Knight'
Photo credit: wallygrom
- Black Knight Rocket
Photo credit: ahisgett
- Black Knight Buddleia
Tiny little flowers in the full sun.
No insect can resist it.
Photo credit: tdlucas5000
- Black Knight Shops
The dreaded Black Knight!
Photo credit: Willrad
Video about Black Knight
Black Knight Satellite Explanation
View more videos about The Black Knight.
See also the pronunciation examples of Black Knight!
Quotes about Black Knight
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Black Knight"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Black Knight to see it in context!