On this page:
Who is André Cayatte?
André Cayatte was a French New Wave filmmaker and lawyer, who became known for his films centering on themes of crime, justice, and moral responsibility, themes which Cayatte persisted in affirming regardless of changing contemporary attitudes.
- also known as Andre Cayatte, Marcel Truc
- born on (106 years ago) in Carcassonne
- nationality: France
- profession: Lawyer, film director, screenwriter
- died on (26 years ago) in Paris
- films written:
- films directed:
- The Crossing of the Rhine
- Justice Is Done
- We Are All Murderers
- The Mirror Has Two Faces
- Before the Deluge
- Return to Life
- Black Dossier
- A Trap for Cinderella
- Pierre et Jean
- Au bonheur des dames
- La fausse maîtresse
- Where's the Smoke
- Les amants de Vérone
- The Revenge of Roger
- To Die of Love
- Anatomy of a Marriage: My Days with Jean-Marc
- Anatomy of a Marriage: My Days with Françoise
- Risky Business
- Two Are Guilty
- An Eye for an Eye
- State Reasons
- some of the nominations and awards:
- Golden Lion - "Justice Is Done"
- Cannes Jury Prize - "We Are All Murderers"
- nominated to BAFTA Award for Best Film - "We Are All Murderers"
- Golden Lion - "The Crossing of the Rhine"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for André Cayatte
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Thomas S. Hischak
Carlo Rim André Cayatte (France/ Italy) ...
Sixth Edition by David Thomson
;LaFausse Maîtresse (42,André Cayatte); RuyBlas (47, PierreBillon); ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for André Cayatte
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: